Dear Local Residents and Businesses,
The annual Run Northumberland Castles Half Marathon is back once again, taking place this Sunday 24th October 2021. After consultation with Northumberland County Council and the Safety Advisory Group, we are now required to close route of the race. We have agreed to do this with minimal impact on residents and businesses.
The start line has moved away from the Castle and will be located at the Links Car Park (B1340) before running through the village. This section should be closed from 9:25am for no longer than 15 minutes in total as the runners run through the village. The route then heads out on Lucker Road (B1341) to the left turn down to Newham Hall. All runners should have left the B1341 by 10.15am at the latest.
After this, the route takes in mostly back roads, before finishing on Ingram road, which will be closed between the last house and the next junction. This should not affect access to houses or businesses in the village of Bamburgh.
We expect the road closures to cause minimal disruption to both residents and businesses. The event will attract a number of people to the area and we will actively promote the local facilities and businesses to our runners. If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closures are listed as follows
The following roads will be closed from 09:15 hours to 10:15 hours.
• B1340 Links Road, Bamburgh
• Front Street, Bamburgh
• Lucker Road, Bamburgh
• B1340 Adderstone Hall to Lucker Road - from Lucker Road to its junction with the C63
The following roads will be closed from 09:15-10:45
• C63 Newham Hall Junction to Bradford Kaims Junction
The following roads will be closed from 09:15-11:00
• C65 Rayheugh Junction to North Sunderland Junction - from its junction with the C63 to its junction with the C66
• C66 West Fleetham to Newham Hall Junction
• C66 C68 West Fleetham to its junction with the C68
The following roads will be closed from 09:15-11:15
• C68 West Fleetham to Main Street - from its junction with the C66 to its junction with the C389
The following roads will be closed from 09:15-12:10
• C68 West Fleetham to Main Street - from its junction with the C389 to Main Street
• Main Street, North Sunderland - to its junction with Broad Road
• C65 Broad Road
• C65 Rayheugh Junction to North Sunderland Junction - to its junction with the U2009
The following roads will be closed from 09:15-12:30
• U2009 Elford Junction to Budle Bay Junction -to its junction with the U2017
• U207 Burton Farm Junction to Shoreston Junction
• C64 Ingram Lane
• C64 Ingram Road
The Order is to be effective on the 24th October 2021.
The temporary road closures are necessary in the interests of public safety to enable the Run Northumberland Castles Half Marathon 2021 to take place.